Students: Dress Code
The dress code is designed to insure the health and safety of students and to avoid distractions to the educational process, while preserving the basic rights of individuals. Unsafe or inappropriate is defined as anything which could undermine the morale or endanger the physical well being of a student. It is our belief that good taste and judgment are keys to proper attire and appearance.
- Shorts may be worn to school if they are no shorter than five (5) inches above the top of the kneecap. No biking shorts, spandex, or tight fitting shorts/clothing may be worn.
- Skirts or dresses may be worn to school if they are no shorter than three (3) inches above the top of the knee cap (slits or openings in skirts or dresses can not extend beyond three (3) inches above the top of the kneecaps).
- Shirts, blouses and/or dresses must be worn at all times and must be long enough in length to cover the stomach and back completely. Necklines may not expose cleavage. Girls may wear sleeveless tops having a minimum two (2) wide shoulder strap. Boys are not allowed to wear tank tops.
- Pants must be worn at the waist line. Low riding, sagging pants are not allowed. If belts are worn, they must be buckled.
- Hats, caps, head stockings, hair rollers, sunglasses, bandanas, combs, etc….shall not be worn inside the building.
Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers, shower shoes are not to be worn.
- Clothing or accessories bearing profane, suggestive, offensive, obscene or gang related language, symbols, slogans or advertising alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or unlawfully controlled substances are not permitted.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be seen.
- Beach attire is not to be worn at school.
- Wallet chains, dog collars, or other inappropriate chains or accessories will not be allowed on campus.
The school administration is the final authority regarding the appropriateness of dress and grooming. The student code of conduct will be applied to violations of the dress code.